"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience." Teilhard de Chardin

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Give a little bit...


“One can not uncover their purpose in life by asking another...you must look within!" ~ KCH

Over the years my blog spot has gone from being heavily laced with my struggles of entering mid-life to spiritual heights and then silence. My discoveries were placed here in hopes of paying it forward. Many folks have guided me by sharing their personal journey through loss and triumph, doubts and places of spiritual maturity. At some point over the years this blog turned into a teaching platform. Sharing my experience, strength and hope with meditation from the standpoint of a passionate novice helped me grow stronger in my practice and beliefs. When my son was diagnosed with bone cancer last August I found that I had little space inside, words of wisdom have become foreign, teaching anything has been extremely difficult at best. Many times I have sat staring at the keyboard with my laptop opened to the "compose" page of this blog. Words have alluded me day after day. Any form of expression seems to have been stifled by my sons diagnosis and the months I've struggled to find acceptance, hope, faith, my center, my place, my purpose.

I have not yet found those answers. Perhaps they will rise to the surface once the flood waters recede. But I did find strength just for today! To me the most interesting aspect of that discovery was that it came through the process of sharing, listening and deep questioning. Last night I spoke with a friend, I was feeling stressed out. The wisdom imparted to me was that I needed to be strong! But I am not strong or at least I do not feel strong. So I prayed and meditated reflecting on strength. A bible verse from my childhood rose up into consciousness, "I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me." ~Phillipians 4:13. If you've followed my blog over the years you just might remember that years ago I found God in the last place I looked - deep inside of me, in my heart.

Through human struggles we rise to a place of grace and dignity. Others are paramount to our growth. When we give a little bit it's like scattering the seeds from a dandelion. With just one breath the wind takes them and they bloom where they land! Now that's what I call STRONG!

Namaste'